Local Food Box/Local Loot Box Raffle
As with every raffle and sweepstakes, there are a few legal things.
In short, here are the main topics of the agreement. The full agreement can be found below.
- Accept general risk for boxes, products, and food
- Don’t sue us
- Allows us to share your participation through photos and the like
Waiver, Release, and Grant of Rights
The following includes a waiver of rights, a release of liability, a limitation of damages, and an indemnification. Please read it carefully before agreeing to these terms and conditions.
By purchasing tickets for and participating in the Local Food Box and Local Loot Box Raffle offered by Humanity Hub Network (the “Company”), and in consideration for my being allowed to participate in the raffle, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I, agree to be bound by each of the following provisions of this Waiver, Release, and Grant of Rights (the “Agreement’):
- Comprehension of Risk. I fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with my participation in the raffle including, without limitation, injury or death resulting from exposure to, food sickness, allergic reactions, and choking.
- Assumption of Risk. I assume all risks, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, in any way connected with my participation in the Humanity Hub Raffle. I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way connected with my participation in the raffle. Although the Company will do its best to accommodate food allergies and preferences of which it is aware, I retain sole responsibility for ensuring that the food and beverages I choose to consume are consistent with my food restrictions and preferences, and I waive all claims against the Company arising out of my consumption of any and all food and beverages to which I may have an allergy or aversion.
- Release of Liability and Limitation of Damages. I hereby forever and unconditionally release the Company and its affiliated entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, shareholders, directors, and any person or entity acting on the Company’s behalf (collectively, the “Released Entities”) from any and all claims, actions damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses, including but explicitly not limited to attorney fees) for death, injury, loss of damage of property, or any other claims that in any way arise out of my participation in the Raffle, including any and all Claims resulting from the negligence of the Released Entities. In no event shall the Company be liable for any special, incidental, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages or any other indirect damages, nor shall the Company be liable for any equitable damages, even if the Company has been informed of the possibility thereof. I therefore hereby release the Company from any and all future claims for special, incidental, exemplary, punitive, consequential, or indirect damages and from any and all equitable remedies.
- Indemnification. In addition to and without limitation of or by the other provisions of this Agreement and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, I agree to fully protect, indemnify, and defend the Released Entities and hold them harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, causes of actions, and liabilities of any and every nature whatsoever arising out of or in connection with or caused in whole or in part by my acts or omissions while participating in the Raffle, including without limitation economic injury to, bodily injury to, or death of any person, regardless of concurrent or supervening causes or any contributing fault or negligence of any of the Released Entities or any breach or failure to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement. I hereby acknowledge that this Agreement is intended to protect, indemnify, and hold the Released Entities harmless from the consequences of the Released Entities’ own negligence and actions. This indemnification shall be in addition to all other terms of the Agreement and shall not limit or be limited by any other provisions of this Agreement.
- Promotional Release. I hereby grant to the Company the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use photographic portraits, pictures, video footage, and/or audio recordings of my participation in the raffle, in which I may be wholly or partially included. This grant includes the images in hard and soft copy form, negatives, prints, transparencies, digital information and metadata, or any other original or copies of such images or sounds of my likeness or voice (the “Material”). The Company has the right to reproduce, exhibit, distribute, broadcast, digitize, edit, or otherwise use and publish the Material, by any method and in any media, whether now existing or later created, without restriction, throughout the world, including without limitation incorporation into the Company’s website, publications, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, or any and all advertising and promotional materials (collectively, the “Works”). The Company is and shall be the exclusive owner of all rights, titles, and interest, including copyright and trademark rights, in the Material and the Works. I grant to the Company an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use my first name and hometown in connection with the Material and the Works.
- This Agreement waives substantial rights and includes a release of liability, a limitation of damages, an indemnification, and a grant of use of my likeness. I have read this entire document. My participation in the Local Food Box/Local Loot Box Raffle is expressly subject to my acceptance of the terms of this Agreement, and I will not participate in the Raffle unless I have accepted the terms and conditions set forth in the Agreement on behalf of myself.